About Me

My photo
Kiaora e te iwi! Mama of 5 tamariki soon to be 6 next March2012 - 2 boys and 3 girls, and then what ever surprise the Lord has in the oven right now. Soon to be wife in Nov2011 of long time partner of 16 years. Born again Christian since March2005. New to this beautiful country since Feb2011. And new to Blogging since NOW!! You are such an Inspiration Tammi, so here I am giving it a go!! Thanks in advanced to all you fellow Bloggers and soon to be friends for all your encouragement, inspiration and critique along the way! I look forward to this new adventure............

Wednesday 3 August 2011

So here goes.......

Kiaora koutou, hello everyone!!
Well, I must say how nervous I am to be doing this! I have been reading a friends blogs now for about a week or 2, and I must say she has inspired me to get involved, thanks Tammi! As I read on and look at her photo's etc, I wonder to myself how this woman manages her kainga(home), homeschools her babies, crocquet and knits for fun, entertains us chicks, attends church, puts up regular blog post, and who knows what else.........and yet still has it all together????? Well my Sister-In Christ, ka mau te wehi koe : Your just awesome! Well thats just some loving to you anyway. Thank you for the inspiration. And I look forward to reading and getting to know more bloggers as my journey progresses. But this is my blog (lol), so lets turn the focus around to "ME".(lol)
I love doing arty farty, crafty things seeing the nothing take shape and form! However, I  haven't done anything since my arrival to Ahitereiria(Australia). My passion is weaving using natural resources such as Flax, and using it's natural fibre called Muka which is extracted from the leaf. I'd love to learn many crafty techniques, and I think I'm in the right place! I'm not too sure how to add photo's, but when I work it out i'll post some flax work I've done in the past. So watch this space fellow bloggers........

No comments:

Post a Comment